Whilst I was busy trying not to drown in Torquay (it was a challenge, really O.o) last week some very kind folk included me in their blogger awards posts.
Beyond Paisley nominated my blog for:
And MEOW hear this nominated my blog for:
Here’s the rules:
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger/One Lovely Blog award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself
So first of all thanks a lot to both of you for reading my posts and liking them enough to recommend my writing to others.
Here are the blogs I have chosen:
1. Losing my cents
2. Merry Farmer
3. You Monsters Are People
4. Josh Mosey, Writer
5. The Byronic Man
6. Brush off the dust! History now!
7. Crazy train to tinky town
8. Hflawson – Danophile on a research rampage
9. Little Grey Box
10. A Serene Scribe
Now, I have cheated somewhat as I have only picked ten. Fifteen for each seemed excessive since – honestly – I am pretty sure I don’t read fifteen blogs EVERY DAY, even if they have posted!
AND I haven’t separated them out for each award. God what a rubbish ingrate I am…
The reason for this is that I would nominate the above for both awards…I know what you’re thinking…that I am just lazy.
I am but that’s irrelevant. I like all of the above blogs, and both of the writers who nominated me, quite simply because they write interesting posts. Some are informative, some are funny, some are just plain weird. But I find myself happy to see an update from their blogs when it arrives in my inbox. I hope you enjoy them too.
So the last rule is to tell you lovely readers seven things about me. Hmm. Seven things that aren’t going to scare you all away. *thinks hard*
1. I love cats
Ok, ok. I think you knew that one already…
1. I pile the teabags up on a small plate so I can see how many cups I have drunk each day. This is to stop me drinking stupid amounts and puking from all the milk.
2. With regards to ^ – I am lactose intolerant.
3. I like spotty and stripey things. Even clothes. Even if they make me look fat. I still like them.
4. When I play Mario Kart online the profanity that comes out of my mouth is simply unbelievable. Don’t play me at Mario Kart.
5. I bought a 23 inch monitor on the basis that I would be able to write better because I could look at reference info and have Word open at the same time. In reality, I write
worse less because I have the internet open all the time.
6. I can read Egyptian hieroglyphs. Badly.
7. I keep a nerf gun next to my computer so that I can shoot people that disturb me when I am busy. But not cats. Never cats.